Tips for Your CT Plumbing
Caring for your Newington plumbing is an essential way to ensure the longevity of your household plumbing. Below are some tips to care for your plumbing:
- Fixing any leaks as soon as you can is essential. Leaks can waste a lot of water and cause damage to your home.
- Avoid flushing non-biodegradable items down the toilet. This can cause clogs and other problems.
- Use strainers in your sinks to catch food particles and other debris. This will help prevent clogs in your drains.
- Avoid pouring grease down the drain. This can cause clogs and other problems. Instead, pour it into a container and dispose of it in the trash.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals to clean your pipes. These chemicals can corrode your pipes and cause other damage.
- Have your plumbing system inspected regularly to identify and fix any potential issues before they become major problems.
- Know where your main water shut-off valve is located in case of an emergency.
Here are some additional tips to help the longevity of your plumbing:
- Avoid using toilet paper that is not flushable. Some types of toilet paper, such as wet wipes, can clog your pipes. Stick to using toilet paper that is specifically designed to be flushed.
- Don’t overload your drains. If you’re washing dishes or taking a shower, don’t fill the sink or tub too full. This can create too much pressure and cause a clog.
- Have a backup plan. In case of a plumbing emergency, it’s a good idea to have a backup plan. This could include having a plumber on speed dial or knowing where to find a public restroom.
By following these tips, you can help keep your plumbing system in good working order and prevent costly repairs. Still need help? Give Kud Pro Plumbing a call today for assistance.